Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Quick Look At Another of David Rountree's Academic Claims.

When this title says quick, it's no exaggeration.

By this point, David Rountree has been so fundamentally debunked that there's very little else to say about the man. His reputation is in tatters, his claims of academic success have been shredded so many times they should be served in pancakes with Hoisin sauce.

But this turkey keeps on cluckin'.

A friend led me to recent conversation Rountree had with his followers, and amidst the anger, denial and threats of retribution, I found the final nugget that David seems to be offering as evidence of his academic success. Rountree is repeatedly reposting links to his 'Academia.edu' website. That's where Rountree initially uploaded his laughable "Wormhole theory of the Paranormal" paper.




Now, to Rountree's dwindling band of followers, who bizarrely continue to massage his ego, the fact Rountree has an 'academic profile' may seem impressive. It may even imply he has some form of credibility.

To disprove that, here's my Academia.Edu profile. I don't have any academic qualifications, having not yet finished my degree. That wasn't a problem in setting up the site. Nor was the fact that I didn't even use my real name!

They even send me e-mails to tell me I've been cited despite having never published there!



The only reason my profile isn't visible to the public is I won't pay the money that Academia.Edu require for me to finalise the account!


There is legitimately nothing to stop you setting an Academia.Edu account up for your hamster. Meaningless to anyone who hasn't taken a big old swig of Rountree's Kool-Aid.

If you want more meat on Rountree you could read this which collects the hard work of a group of folks who were determined not to let him get away with this kind of bullshit.

PLUGS. PLUGS. PLUGS.


I said "Plugs. Plugs. Plugs." Dammit!


As this has been a quick post, I'm going to throw in two extremely quick plugs. Firstly in addition to writing here, I have also been writing for an up and coming news website called Scisco media as I've mentioned before. My writer's page can be found here,

My writer's page.

And without blowing my own trumpet, I think the last post I wrote for Scisco is possibly the best thing I've ever written.

Gravitational Waves: A new way to ‘see’ the universe


Also a plug for my new t-shirt shop. Yes, I have shilled out and am now selling what my children term 'merch' through the website Spreadshirt.  At the shop, you'll find some sciencey, some skeptical t-shirts, badges, bags and all sorts of merchandise. Purchasing from the shop is a nice way to support what I do here and hopefully moves me closer to devoting more time to writing.

There are about six designs at the moment and they are all available in a range of styles.

The Null Hypothesis@spreadshirt. 








No comments:

Post a Comment